After President Clinton's affair went public, Hillary Clinton did not divorce her infidel husband; however History narrates that in the end, they divorced. Tonight at dinner, my friends and I discussed whether we believe Hillary Clinton would have made such a name for herself as America now recognizes, if she hadn't stayed with her husband initially.
One argued that, no, Clinton would not have become such a powerful political figure in the public eye if she had left her husband when the headlines hit the news; in fact, staying showed that she was a strong woman by working through rough patches in marriage, thus proving that she has the potential to be a powerful political figure.
This is what I think. Granted, all relationships, and marriages have their circumstances, and working through such affairs is a worthy cause; however her husband was the current President of the United States of America, the one person constantly, and overwhelmingly in the public eye. The public eye is analytical, and I would not be surprised if many women shook their heads in disappointment that Clinton did not initially leave her husband. Then again, I would not be surprised if many women thought it logical for the First Lady to work through her marriage. I believe that Clinton would still have made the name for herself she has today had she divorced her husband initially. Why? Because a strong woman wouldn't take that crap. In fact, Clinton's name and "strong woman" vibe would resonate stronger to those citizens who admire such women.
What do you think? Please, leave you thoughts. I'm interested to hear what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YES, I agree with you. She should have dropped his sorry behind when all of that went public. I think she still would have continued to make a name for herself. His bad behavior is a pattern. He always cheats as we know. He is a big jerk to his woman. Adultery...abuse... and some other stuff is "toss him out" stuff.
I think she would have still made herself big, as well. But, however, she could not have had the diplomatic privilege to choose which state she wanted to become a citizen of at the end of the presidency, had she divorced him. It is because she was married to him at the end of his presidency that she could become a citizen of NY and thus, become elected Senator of that state. From which we all know she used the platform to spring board herself into the President run on 2008.
Everything is politics and so many people in this world care only about power and politics that they sacrifice all on the altar of it: including self-respect, honesty, morality, humanity and virtue. Sad. Our country would not be in the shape that we are in if we followed the 2 great commandments: Love the Lord and Love thy Neighbor.
Post a Comment