Representative Gabrilelle Giffords of Arizona recently recited on the House floor the First Amendment, including "the right of the people peaceably to assemble"(U.S. Constitution, First Amendment).
Just this morning during a public event in Tucson, Giffords was shot in the head, along with nineteen other citizens, including a few of her personal staffers, an Arizona federal judge, and - get this - a nine year old.
The right to peaceably assemble. Ironic.

5 comments:
Bastard. Ironic how you have this post along with the Second Amendment.
how is it ironic that this post includes the second amendment?
guns, shooting, second amendment. ya know.
Oh, by the way, I was in no way arguing that I have the right to own and use guns to shoot government officials, or people at all for that matter. Just to be safe, I was arguing that I have the right to own a gun if a simply want one.
That guy was insane. What a blessing that she survived!
You want to know something ironic too? The 9-year-old girl was born on 9.11.01. Born on a day of terror, and died on a day or terror.
Post a Comment