Monday, January 3, 2011

Introduction

I could hum Rush Limbaugh's opening jingle before I even lost my first tooth. I memorized the Preamble in fifth grade. I knew CNN was a news station to be guffawed as well as I knew seven times seven is forty-nine. Politics has been in my life as long as I can remember.

My junior year of high school, I served as a US Senate Page. Although I swore I'd never speak this cliche clause, it was an experience that changed me. The Distric hypnotized me. I love Capitol Hill. I love politics.

On a different note, I love English. English: the language, the spelling, the vocabulary, the grammar, the rhetoric, the writing, the literature...! I am currently declared as an English major at Brigham Young University. 

So, combining both my passions into one, here appears this blog, and there lies my future career - political journalism.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Senate pages forever!

Mindy said...

Yay! I am so excited to follow! A future Ann Coulter on our hands? PS, maybe you want to follow her column, she's really witty.

Melanie said...

Go girl, go! You are a good writer. I am going to start a new blog soon, too- it's going to be called "With Firm Reliance on Divine Providence."

Unknown said...

Thanks mel! I'm looking forward to following it. I'll add it to my "sources" once you get it up and running.